Tuesday, December 14, 2010

TV isn't too much...... Or so we thought

 Dear Jessica,
I baby-sit for four little kids. The kids want to do nothing but watch TV. Every time I check on the kids, they are watching shows like Barney and Sesame Street. Jessica, I tried suggesting other activites but the kids won't turn off the TV. Do you have any ideas? Because I ran out of them.
       TV Crazed

Dear TV Crazed,
It's good that you realized this situaution is a problem. It's also a good thing that you tried suggesting other activities. If I were you, I would talk to the parents about this. Do they normally let thier kids watch this much TV? Is there a limit on TV time? If so, that limit needs to be estalblished while you are baby-sitting. There is such thing as too much TV.  Then try to do those other suggested activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment